We Will Sell Your Home As Low As $2,995 | Call Us! (902) 446-3113
Writing an Offer
What to Offer
Preparing for Closing
Buying a home may well be the largest financial investment you will ever make. Naturally you will want to know as much as possible about the property before you finalize the purchase at closing.
It's important to hire a knowledgeable, independent home inspector for advise on the overall condition of the property. The purchase contract usually requires specific time periods for each inspection, and it's critical that these time frames be met. Usually the cost for any and all inspections and re-inspections are paid by the buyer. Prices can range from $500 - $700 for whole-house inspections.
Some examples of common inspections are:
- Structural: Defects caused by poor construction, soil movement, water or drainage conditions, settlement, fire, etc.
- Environmental Hazards: Including asbestos, lead-based paint, radon gas or any other toxic material.
- Roof: Can include framing members, decking and shingle condition.
- EMP: Electrical, Mechanical and Plumbing - Should include electrical and plumbing systems, built-in appliances, heating and cooling systems, swimming pool/spas, sprinkler systems and security systems.
- Well and Septic Inspections
Many companies specialize in only one area of inspection, and others will group several together and offer a package price. Whichever route you go, assure yourself your getting the inspections you need. Many can be found in the yellow pages or your Assist 2 Sell Agentl can provide a list of several of each to choose from.
202 Brownlow Ave Tower 1, Suite 220 Dartmouth, B3B 1TS
Sold seller saved amounts are based on comparing what the seller paid including HST to 6% plus HST. Any comparisons to a % commission, such as 6%, are for illustration and comparison purposes only. Commissions may be negotiable and are not set by law. Our fee varies for homes over $200,000.00. The trademarks MLS, Multiple Listing Service and the associated logos are owned by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA. All listings MLS unless otherwise stated. Each office independently owned and operated.
NSAR IDX Reciprocity listings are displayed in accordance with NSA's IDX Agreements and property information is provided under copyright (C) by the Nova Scotia Association of REALTORS®. The above information is from sources deemed reliable but it should not be relied upon without independent verification